Wednesday, January 19, 2011

40 Before 40

Just before the new year, one of my very best girlfriends mentioned she was going to create a 40 Before 40 list. I loved this idea and decided to create my own.

Here it is...
  • earn my master's degree
  • save more money for retirement
  • learn to play poker
  • date like I should have in my twenties
  • travel to Europe
  • maintain a successful non-profit
  • visit Melissa in LA
  • let my family & friends know what each really means to me
  • be featured in print for something good
  • conquer my fear of heights
  • take my children to one of America's natural beauties
  • be able to do a cartwheel & headstand again
  • draft my children's book
  • visit the Chicago Botanic Gardens
  • road trip more often
  • purchase new living room furniture
  • stop being so afraid
  • ride in a Corvette
  • drive that Corvette
  • be a mother my children can admire
  • travel to Greece for my 40th birthday with my best girls
  • have a savings account... with a respectable balance
  • grow my hair high school long
  • learn to sew better
  • see family & friends more often
  • drink more wine
  • take a photography class
  • search for my second chance at love
  • declutter
  • have a fish for a pet
  • start a study/tutor group for high school students
  • return to scrapbooking
  • get a mammogram
  • take a yoga class
  • play with the kiddos more... more... more
  • have a well-trained dog
  • try not to look and dress like a frumpy almost 40 year old
  • remain true to myself
  • keep writing
  • start a 50 Before 50 list
I've already managed to start saving more for retirement, my finance guy would be so proud!! This past weekend, I had an appointment for a hair cut. I managed to refrain from telling my stylist to cut it short, short, short. Thank goodness...

Let's see what happens next...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Sounds like a great list. I know you will have lots of fun obtaining them all!

    ReplyDelete