Monday, August 2, 2010

Lemonade Out of My Lemons

You've heard about it. You've read about it. You've watched it.  It being that person whose life was turned upside down, flipped over, and catapulted into a new direction in seconds.

I'm that person.

Just over a year ago, I woke up on a seemingly normal Thursday in late May. I showered, dressed and fed my children, dashed off to work, and proceeded to have another day in the life of me. My day could not have been any more routine. And, then, it just wasn't.

Now, I realize this leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat, but all in good time. From that moment, I emerged, the real me, the strongest lady I currently know. And, in her is a quest.

My quest is to make lemonade out of my lemons. Using this blogspot, I wish to help people understand anyone can, one, survive, and two, overcome anything that life may hurl at them. I also wish to show people that when life hurls that life-altering moment at you, you embrace it and put something good back out into the universe.

I'll share my "survival tactics". I'll share my journey of establishing and (hopefully) maintaining a non-profit... all from this keyboard. Amazing. I hope.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing. You are strong. You are a wonderful mom! I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri,
    I have watched you in wonder. You have helped me on my journey immensely. Thank you. Hope you are able to achieve your dreams and hope I can help you!
    Carry on!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete